Accepted Staff Application [Recently Edited]

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Jackson Aiken, Jul 17, 2017 at 6:45 PM.

1. #1 Jackson Aiken, Jul 17, 2017 at 6:45 PM
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017 at 10:02 PM
    Green = Questions
    Burgundy = Sub text to answers
    Light Purple = Main Answer
    Player Information
    What is your in-game name?:

WolvenDeath

How old are you?:

How long have you been playing Minecraft?:

Since I was 8 or 9 so around 5-6 years.

What time zone do you live in?

EST

Related Information

Have you ever been staff before?:

Yes

If so then what servers?:
    (If possible, please include server name, player count, staff positions available at that time.)

I have never been apart of big servers but I have been apart of:

Sea craft, Around 15 players, and the server was decently full on staff. There was about 1-3 positions left.

And then I have been staff of small small other servers that I honestly don’t even know the name of.

Most of my experience comes from running private servers and being staff on a game called Realm Of The Mad God (rotmg) which I no longer play.

Any administrative "/" command knowledge?: (Please demonstrate your knowledge)

/dupeip (name) (used to see players that have joined under that ip)

/socialspy (sees commands others are using)

/ban (name) (reason)

/mute (name) (reason)

/tpo (name) (mainly used if the player has teleportations disabled)

/tphere (name)

/v

/invsee

/top

/descend

/s

/ascend

/kick (name)

/banip (name) (bans that players ip so he cannot log in with a alt account)

/cc (clears the chat)

/warn (name) (reason)

If I need to know more I will be happy to go and study on some commands :D

Do you have any alternate Minecraft accounts? If so, please list their in-game name:
    (Note that we will keep track of all staff alts.)

No I do not

Why?...

Why do you want to be staff (what drives you to write this application) ?:

What drives me to write this application is my love for the server. I love this server and I will do anything I can to help it. I wish to see it prosper and gain so many more players. I feel like I can truly help this server and the players with anything I am required to do. I want to make this server even more enjoyable for each and every player. We have such a great community and I want to give back to them and grow that great community.

How will you help us (please specify, there can be many things) ?:

Some things I can do are, approach a situation in an unbiased way and give the correct punishment. I always stay professional. I will be online as much as possible to help as many players as possible. If I find a glitch or another player finds a glitch I will report it to a higher staff member. If I am unsure about a punishment I always refer to a high position staff member so I can handle the situation properly without causing any problems. In addition, as I see the player base increasing, it can be easier for things to slip through the eyes of staff. So I would definitely love to help out with the new players and they join. I will never think of myself above a player or another staff to always ensure everybody has a great time!.

What makes you better than the other applicants (your strength and weaknesses) ?:

I believe what makes me better than other people is how I handle situations quickly and quietly. Instead of doing something on my own i make sure I’m doing the right thing. I read the rules daily to make sure myself and other players are following them. I stay positive and always treat players and other staff members with respect. I never feel higher than another player just because I am a staff member. I will always ask them what they need help with and quickly handle anything they need. Also, any time I am playing ChemicalMC I always have the rules open for quick reference and to ensure I give the proper punishment. Even now as I am not staff I still play with the rules open.

I believe my only weakness is that I have not yet had real experience as staff. Im still waiting for that one server to give me the chance to prove my self. And I just know I can do it, I just have to wait for my time. But if I ever do get a position as staff I am positive I will be able to overcome my weakness.

Check the comments for the other half. I could not post all of it since it was over 10000 characters​

2. #2 Jackson Aiken, Jul 19, 2017 at 5:46 PM
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017 at 10:05 PM
    What would you do if...

Someone is hacking?:

Ex: The player 'Jimbob123' is supposedly hacking.

Now before I even starting watching Jimbob123, I instantly open up my recording software just incase.

What I would do:
    1. I would give them a punishment depending on how many warnings they have:

1a. No warnings: Kick
    1b. 1 Warning: 24 hour tempban
    1c. 2 Warnings: 7 day temp ban
    1d. 4 Warnings: Permanent Ban

2. I would then message Jimbob123 why they were punished, what punishment Jimbob123 received, and what will happen if they continue to break the rule they were punished for.

Someone is advertising?:

Ex: JohnyBoy361 Says in chat "Hey! Come join chickennugget.mc Staff needed!"
    Ex2: Someone messages
    JohnyBoy361 "Hey what was that server I just saw you on?"
    JohnyBoy361 replies "Oh, that was chickennugget.mc"

If JohnyBoy361 is not advertising the allowed advertisements: ignore trade, forum posts of ChemicalMC, and other content involving ChemicalMC, I will do the following:

What I would do :
    Indirect Advertisement:
    1. If it was Indirect advertisement I would give JohnyBoy361 1 warning.

Direct Advertisement:
    1. I would give JohnyBoy361 a punishment depending on how many warns he/she has.
    1a. No warnings: I give JohnyBoy361 1 warning and a 1 hour mute
    1b. 1 Warning: I give
    JohnyBoy361 1 warning and a 1 day temp ban
    1c. 2 Warnings: I give
    JohnyBoy361 1 warning and a 7 day temp ban

1d. 4 Warnings: Permanent Ban
    2. I would then message Johnyboy361 why they were punished, what punishment JohnyBoy361 received, and what will happen if they continue to break the rule they were punished for.

Someone is spamming?:

Ex: JohnyBoy361 Says in chat 5 times "Banana banana banana" or something else that falls under the rules of spamming.

What I would do :
    1. I would give JohnyBoy361 the proper punishment depending on their current amount of warns:
    1. 2 Warnings
    2. 15 minute temporary mute
    3. 60 minute temporary mute
    4. 24 hour temporary ban

I would then message
    Johnyboy361
    why they were punished, what punishment
    JohnyBoy361
    received, and what will happen if they continue to break the rule they were punished for.

Someone is hackusating?:
    (Unjustifiably accuse one of hacking.)

Ex. JohnyBoy361 says in chat "MrFlyingPizza is hacking!"

What I would do :
    1. I would give JohnyBoy361 1 warn
    2. I would then msg JohnyBoy361 "Next time you think someone is hacking, either get proof or go directly to a staff member. Do not say it in chat."
    2. I would do the same steps as '
    Someone is hacking?:'

A staff member is abusing powers?:

Ex. MrFlyingPizza is using a Sharpness 5000 sword that he spawned in and is using it in pvp.

Someone is being disrespectful to player or staff?:

Disclaimer! Whatever Tomtally231 says is not how I feel, its just an example!

Ex. TomTally231 says to Qouz "Your stupid and I don't have to listen to you! I don't care what you say, you should be fired!"

What I would do :
    1. I would screenshot for proof then warn TomTally231 for Disrespect. The punishment I would give is dependent on the current amount of warns TomTally231 has.
    1. 2 warnings
    2. 15 minute temporary mute
    3. 1 hour temporary mute
    4. 1 day temporary ban
    5. 1 week temporary ban
    2. I would apologize to Qouz and ask what happened just to gain an understanding incase I were to be asked by staff "Why did you warn TomTally231?"
    3. I would talk to TomTally231, and tell him not to disrespect Qouz or any player like that then I would find out why he said that to Qouz.

What I would do :
    1. If a staff member is abusing powers I will instantly gain proof and then notify the staff member that they are abusing their powers. If they continue I will instantly tell a higher staff position and provide them with the proof so they can handle the situation.

2. While thats being handled I would go on and make sure no players were affected by the staff member.

Agreements

Do you agree that mentioning the staff application or anything relative in-game or to staff members asking them to read it will result in denial?

Yes

Do you agree that you will follow all rules?

I do

Do you agree that you must wait 1 week to reapply upon denial? Not enough play time is an exception. You may reopen your application once you have enough play time.

Yes

Do you agree that if you are banned or been banned in the past, your application will be denied unless you have showed us improvements in your actions and decisions (through an appeal, your actions, and this application)?

Yes

Do you understand that if you have not agreed or understood these policies & agreements, your application will be denied?

Yes

Do you agree that you will try your hardest, and read ALL instructions given to you? If you have read this please mark this 'red', and that you will always listen to us?

I will always try my hardest and listen to any staff member.

I wish the best of luck to the other applicants!
    Thank you for taking the time to read my application. Have a great day!

3. Any criticism would be greatly appreciated. :D

Thanks in advance!

4. Great application, very well written. I have seen you on the server a lot and i think you would be a great asset to the staff team.

+1

Jackson Aiken likes this.